Monday, November 16, 2009

Cold Camping and Clementines...


So Whit and I went camping in the SNOW with some friends this past weekend!!! It was so awesome! I was hesitant... having spent the majority of my life in climates that don't drop below fifty degrees during the winter, cold has never been my thing. But it was so much fun! Summer and JD Knowlden invited us to tag along! We built a big ol' fire and made hot dogs and roasted starburst, and just talked and snuggled in their little tent! It was great. I have some pictures, but I'm having trouble uploading them... I'll work on that. I have decided that I need to take more pictures... of everything. I'm currently doing research on digital cameras. If anybody has any advice, I'm all ears.

Clementines! Ok, this is a random post, but whatever, the title has alliteration in it so I figured it was alright. I came into work today and sweet Naomi had some clementines and it totally made me think of Christmas!!! Our family always buys these cute little oranges for Christmas, and they are delicious! Addicting and wonderful! I could eat a whole crate by myself. Just smelling them makes me think of pine trees, and hot apple cider, and wrapping paper, and gingerbread cookies, Manheim Steamroller, and reading Christmas books on the floor by the fire place with my siblings. This last Christmas, Whit was added to the family, and we got to add his family traditions to mine! We making family traditions! I love it! Last year we spent the holidays with my family, this year with his, next year... with OURS!!! We'll have our own little baby to add to our little family for next Christmas! And that little person will be part of all of our traditions that we will have! I love it! I'm so excited!!!!

Did I mention that we'll find out if this little person who is waiting to join our family is a boy or a girl in only ONE MORE WEEK!


No comments:

Post a Comment